Saturday, February 18, 2017

BREAKING: Leni Robredo aapela sa desisyon ng Presidential Electroal Tribunal


The camp of Vice President Leni Robredo is mulling the filing of a motion for reconsideration on the Supreme Court’s decision allowing the election protest of former senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr. to proceed.

“We are not afraid of this case. We are very confident that after all these processes, Vice President Robredo will still emerge as the winner,” Robredo’s lead lawyer Romulo Macalintal said yesterday.

What Robredo finds “scary” is the prospect of Marcos getting appointed as secretary of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

In an interview with ANC, Robredo said while she agrees that it is the prerogative of the President to appoint whoever he wants in the Cabinet, the Marcoses have yet to return to the country’s coffers the billions of dollars they plundered during their 20-year reign.
Close Ad X

“There have been several decisions already asking them to pay back whatever they got from the government, whatever they got from the people, but all these judgments have not been satisfied yet,” Robredo said.

“And now he’s aiming for another Cabinet position and for me that’s scary, in the sense that he will be again given an opportunity to do what they did,” she said.

The Marcoses are known allies of President Duterte, who allowed the burial of the late dictator at the Libingan ng mga Bayani, saying the country must move on from the past.

The Marcoses buried their patriarch at the heroes’ cemetery in November of last year ahead of a final SC ruling on the matter. Critics fear the stage is being set for the return of the Marcoses to power 31 years after they were ousted through a people’s uprising.

The country is set to commemorate this the EDSA people power revolution that happened on Feb. 22 to 25 in 1986. The Palace said the celebration would be simple and quiet

WATCH VIDEO BELOW:



SOURCE: YOUTUBE, PHILSTAR

0 comments

Post a Comment