Saturday, March 4, 2017

BREAKING: Robredo Family were part of Illegal Drug Trade in Naga City!

Maam ito po ang compiled copy..

Former Naga NBI director reveals drug-bust operation caused his relief

MAY 8, 2015 by BICOLMAIL in TOP STORIES
By Juan Escandor Jr.

NAGA CITY — A director of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) who first led the raid on the house of the Number 1 wanted drug dealer in Bicol 9 years ago claimed it caused his hasty transfer to Manila central office in 2006.

Wednesday last week (April 29) , police finally arrested Victor Lorenzo “Chinglo” Rosales, the Number 1 most wanted man for illegal drug dealing in Bicol, in his house in Mangga St. cor. Avocado St., Zone 7, Barangay Balatas, this city.

Rosales is brother to ex-Barangay Chief and former City Councilor Raoul Rosales who ran and won under the “Ubos kung Ubos” 2007 ticket of the late Jesse M. Robredo.

Authorities finally caught up with Rosales after two warrants of arrest were issued by a regional trial court here nine years ago.

Director Ricardo Diaz, then NBI regional director in Bicol, recalls that in 2006 he initiated surveillance operation “against well-known but untouchable drug personalities in Naga City.”



Diaz recalled he got the help of NBI Intel Service in Manila to do the surveillance and application of Search Warrant against Rosales in RTC Manila “to avoid leakage.”


We raided Chinglo’s (Rosales’) house and found shabu but he was not in his house or was able to evade arrest. We filed the cases anyway,” Diaz said.

He revealed that after the surveillance operation [and] the raid and the filing of cases against Rosales, “there was a strong pressure on the (NBI) director to remove him in Bicol.”

“They were successful that I was unceremoniously returned to Manila,” Diaz said about his transfer back to the NBI central office after only about six months as regional director in Bicol.

Diaz, now assigned NBI director in Cebu, commended the police officers who initiated the arrest of Rosales after years of eluding authorities.

Senior Supt. Narciso Domingo, Naga City cop chief, said Rosales has pending cases in court for violating the anti-illegal drug law or Republic Act 9165.

Domingo said finally the police caught up with Rosales in their house at about 8 p.m. on April 29 after receiving intelligence report he was here.

He said the warrants of arrest were issued by Judge Eden Huenda Altea, RTC Branch 61 in Naga City, on June 23, 2006.

Rosales is now under the temporary custody of the Naga City police while coordination and eventual transfer to the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology are being undertaken.

Domingo said Rosales seemed to have been very elusive since the warrants of his arrest were issued with one case non-bailable and the other one allowing him a bail of P40,000.

He said the suspected drug dealer had been hunted by police since 2006 and on the manhunt list every year and lately with the directive from the police regional office to review and enforce warrants of arrest submitted to Naga City police office.

Domingo and intelligence chief of Naga City police office, Chief Supt, Benito Dipad Jr., both newly-assigned police officers in Naga City in February, this year, took great interest in arresting Rosales who had been at large for almost 10 years.

Domingo said Rosales was tagged by the regional police command in Legazpi City as the top most wanted man in terms of drug-related crimes in Bicol.

He said they were able to piece together information that Rosales has established bases in some towns in Bicol where he continued dealing and selling illegal drugs.

But on Wednesday night, Domingo narrated, the police were able to catch up with Rosales who did not resist when arrested in his house.

Source: Christina Imperial Tinio-Adriano Facebook

0 comments

Post a Comment