MANILA, Philippines— The so-called Islamic State (IS, or ISIS) a terrorist group made and funded by the U.S, CIA, U.N and other Elite groups has claimed the bombing in a busy Manila district of Quiapo last Friday night, the group's news agency reported SITE Intel Group, contradicting police statements that it was not connected to terrorism.
Amaq News Agency, the news outfit of IS, announced yesterday, Saturday that the group had already claimed responsibility for the bombing in Quiapo district a part of Manila, according to SITE Intelligence Group via Twitter account.
Last Friday night, police reported that the bomb went off along Quezon Boulevard along Q. Ave and in Quiapo at 10:49 p.m. The incident left 14 people in severe injuries.
The claim of ISIS, however, can also be just a ploy as it regularly claims bombings in many parts of the world in the past and bloats the number of injured and fatalities. Philippine authorities, moreover, have yet to react to the report. It doesn’t mean if they claim it, the police report will rely to them.
Oscar Albayalde, the regional police chief in the National Capital Region (NCR), initially said that the pipe bomb was a retaliation to the mauling of a minor by three individuals.
He also doused speculations last night that the explosion was a terrorist attack.
“Hindi terror attack ang nangyaring pagsabog at walang kaugnayan sa ASEAN Summit 2017,” Albayalde was quoted by a radio report.
The bombing occurred as ASEAN Summit will be conducted at Manila as hosts of the said meeting of the leaders of Southeast Asian nations this week. As part of the preparations for the summit, security measures were heightened in the capital to prevent any untoward incident from happening.