Philippine National Police Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa admitted on Monday that he has no idea why self-confessed Davao death squad (DDS) leader Arturo Lascañas left the country.
“I don’t know kung ano’ng purpose niya para lumabas… actually blind talaga ako hindi ko alam bakit siya lumabas,” dela Rosa said in a press briefing at Camp Crame.
Retired police officer Lascañas silently flew to Singapore on Saturday after learning that cases will be filed against him.
The self-confessed Davao Death Squad hitman left via Tiger Airways flight and will be back on April 22 based on his ticket, according to reports. Lascañas managed to leave the country since no lookout or hold departure order was issued against him.
The PNP chief, meanwhile, declined to speculate on why Lascañas flew abroad.
“I cannot speculate in his behalf, mas maganda talaga ‘yung handler ang tanungin ni’yo, si Sen. (Antonio) Trillanes,” dela Rosa he said.
With the help of Trillanes, Lascañas resurfaced in February and revealed that they were getting kill orders from then Davao City mayor and now President Rodrigo Duterte.
He previously denied the claims of another confessed hired fun Edgar Matobato in a Senate inquiry but later on walked back on his statements and lambasted Duterte after a “spiritual awakening.”
The 56-year-old retired cop said he is willing to testify in an international court against Duterte. The president denies involvement in the death squad killings.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW: